Wednesday, February 28, 2007
I entered my story Covet into the Amber Quill Press Amber Heat Wave contest and I won!
Whoo hoo I can't believe it! I wasn't even going to enter, I did it on a total whim. I wrote the story in a matter of days - I don't even know what inspired me but it just poured out.
Party time! Yay!!!
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Since I'm the Passionate Ink workshop coordinator assistant, I wanted to tell you about the upcoming workshop we're hosting.
Aim High, Shoot Straight: Setting and Achieving Your Writing Goals
Date : March 19-25, 2007
Presented by : Kara Lennox
Cost : $10 (PI Members) and $15 (Non-PI Members)
If you want to write but you can’t seem to get motivated or find the time, or if you’re writing but not getting where you want to be in your career, if you’re jumping from project to project without a clear focus, this workshop is for you. Veteran author Kara Lennox will present her plan for focusing in on what you really want from your writing career, then show you how to formulate concrete, achievable goals and develop a step-by-step plan for achieving them. She’ll also show you how to form your own “dream team” and manage your time and your fears. Learn proven problem-solving techniques and tips for staying motivated. This is a workshop for serious writers who are committed to success–however you define success.
For more information please go here.
In other workshop news, I won a spot in Sasha White's upcoming workshop at Access Romance! I'm so excited - I really enjoy Sasha's books and can't wait to hear what she has to say about voice.
Wonder if she'll do a workshop for Passionate Ink...tee hee hee.
So what do you look for in a workshop? What topics do you enjoy most? Opinions would be much appreciated.
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Yesterday was such a productive writing day! We did write-offs over at Romance Divas, and overall I wrote around 2,500 words for the day. Awesome! I need to do the write-off thing more often - it helps my word count a lot.
So after all that writing, I was cruising the internet and found a review for Fairies & Wishes! It received Five Angels!!! I almost screamed out loud but I didn't want to wake up the house.
"Fairies & Wishes is a sassy, sexy holiday read. The idea of giving someone who is hurting a reason to love again is wrapped together with some unique fairy power. As this story unfolds, you’ll catch yourself feeling for Tim and rooting for him to see beyond the physical and uncover his emotions. Lily is a puzzling combination of naïveté and passion, and her eventual plight is very real and well written. Nothing will warm your heart quite like this little Christmas story! Five Angels!"
You can read the rest of the review here.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Just Shoot Me
I'm such a bad blogger! I haven't blogged in nearly a week! I'm terrible.
Nothing much new here. Children have been sick with a fever inducing, achy/cranky sometimes pukey virus. That's been loads of fun. We finally got the HDTV satellite so our new big screen TV is in its full HD-quality glory. That makes the husband happy.
After a too-long writing break I'm back at it again. Revising a manuscript that I call my little lost story so I can resubmit it to my publisher. It needed work, the poor thing had been rejected a few times already and my editor was kind enough to point out the problems, make a few fantastic suggestions. It's coming along nicely. Yay!
Got a rejection yesterday. Boo. Also got three great reviews for three of my books from Jennifer at CK2S Kwips & Kritiques. Click on these links to check them out:
Her Christmas Prince
Friday, February 16, 2007
Visit me at the Word Flirts today.
I'm talking about sex bay-bee.
Oh, and p.s. - You guys figured it out - they are Colby and Jack.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Happy Valentine's Day & Cheese
So...y'all have been guessing and I'm feeling bad 'cos I haven't answered. So let me tell you this -
A couple of you came up with the right answer - Colby. The second cheese child is also a boy and all of the guesses are, thank goodness, not correct. So keep working. Keep guessing.
And have a Happy Valentine's Day!
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Ten Weird/Random Things About Me
Okay, I was tagged by Stacy, so here we go...
The rules are: Once you have been tagged you can't be re tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird random things, facts, or habits about yourself.
1. When I was 3, I stuck a bead up my nose. I even remember doing it. My grandma panicked, took me to emergency and then was thoroughly embarrassed when the doctor took a pair of tweezers and plucked the bead out in two seconds. The bead was green. I remember.
2. I'm addicted to Lifetime movies. The cheesier, the better. Gawd, I love that stuff.
3. I named two of my children after cheese and when I call for them in public, it's a little embarrassing. I didn't mean to, I swear.
4. I used to be addicted to candy conversation hearts (check those out in the pic above - I wanna find those!). I'd consume them, inhale them. I've cut back on the addiction. Only bought one bag this year. Of course, I can't find the brand I prefer so that helps.
5. I'm looking for the perfect hair product to make my hair perfect. I want it straight, I want it silky and I want it shiny. I've spent a lot of money on hair stuff and I've yet to find the pefect product to make my hair perfect. Damn it.
6. I own way too many pairs of sweat pants. Waaaay too many. And I own too much makeup. Considering I wear sweat pants every day, why do I have so much makeup? It makes no sense.
7. I just ate cake for lunch! Shame on me.
8. I wanted to marry Duran Duran when I was 14-15. Any member would've worked for me, but I was partial to Roger and Simon. In fact, I even wrote in countless notebooks the worst stories you've ever read in your life. About me and my friends marrying Duran Duran. I still have those notebooks.
9. My husband and I were married on Maui. And I want to go back. Baaaaaad.
10. My great-grandma was from France and she married my great-grandpa when he was stationed over there for WWI. She couldn't speak much English and he didn't speak French but they fell in love. Aw, isn't that romantic? I want to go to France and look up my relatives someday...
I'm not going to tag anyone else - if you want to do it, do it! Share those weird, random facts about yourselves. Please!
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Please join me and my fellow Silk's Vault author Adriana Kraft at eBookLove all day Monday! We'll be promoting our latest Silk's Vault releases His Valentine and Cherry Tune-Up, sharing excerpts and giving away free stuff!
Check out eBookLove here.
Hope you can join us!
Saturday, February 10, 2007
His Valentine Now Available!
It's out - it's available! My Valentine's Day themed book His Valentine. Here's the blurb --
Valentine Harris is in love. The only problem is, Gavin Kingston has been her best friend since they were teenagers. No way can she tell him how she feels! It’ll ruin their friendship, and she’ll lose him for sure. Now they’re both reeling from recent breakups, so there can’t be any harm in a friendly dinner together on Valentine’s Day—can there?
You can purchase it here.
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Four Years Ago Today...
My baby girl was born. Right around the time I'm posting this, too. She tortured me all day long with labor, the naughty girl.
It's hard for me to believe that much time has passed. I haven't worked a full time job in four years! Unbelievable! My life has changed so much since that day. But it's a day I'll never forget.
Happy Fourth Birthday Baby Girl!
Monday, February 05, 2007
Nothin' Going On
Yeah, I've lived in the land of haze with this cold. It knocked me out for a week! I lost a week of my life over this thing! Yesterday was the first day I felt good all day. Didn't feel the need to lay down for a nap. Today I feel all right, too, though I have a headache.
My husband should be bringing home a new entertainment center for the big screen tv we bought. Yeah, we picked it up last week and it's been sitting in the garage. How sad is that? Haven't even been able to enjoy it! We don't know if we want to mount it on the wall or set it up in the new entertainment center. I'll keep you posted. Heck, I might even share pictures.
Haven't been writing, haven't really been doing anything. Except IMing with a few people every night. That's about it.
How's everyone else doing? Let me live vicariously through you.
Friday, February 02, 2007
Word Flirting Today
I'm over at the Word Flirts blog talking about taking a break. Don't we all need a break?
Looks like this couple is going to take a niiiiiice break.